Sunday, November 06, 2005

Paint me green and call me Kermit!

I finally got off my ass and started sewing again. As promised, here's my new skirty skirt skirt.


It's made out of fabric that was supposed to be for quilting, but quilting fabrics always have some of the best patterns.

Here's the zipper. This is the first time I've ever used zippers. Boy, was it a pain in the ass! At one point, the zippy part of the zipper actually came off! (Don't ask how I managed that...) After over an hour of fiddling with it and consulting Sewing for Dummies, I got it to work. The stitching is shoddy, but I don't think anybody will really notice.

The lining is made out of white eyelet material. I noticed the quilting cloth wasn't very thick, so I figured I needed it. More shoddy stitching. It'll hold, though.

And... Action Shots!

Skirts make me feel like I should be silly and girly, so that's why there's all those dumb poses. Thanks for looking!

No comments: