Sunday, November 13, 2005

Slinging Hips

Behold! I bring you... the Hipslinger!!


Okay, yes, it's technically a fannypack. But this one's cool. And I made it.

The outside is a black corduroy-like material. The lining and outer part of the belt is a green quilting fabric with pretty green scrolling.


Here it is on my hip. (Side view of my ass!!) I added the leaf button to the front cuz the black was kinda boring. I think it's really cute. I have more leaf buttons, but after some thought, I decided that one is perfect.


View from the front. I put the green fabric on the outside of the belt because I thought it needed some color. I don't know what it is about me and green lately. It's a nice color. (Still partial to blue, though)


The belt attaches by looping through D-rings...

...And is then secured into place with velcro. Nicely adjustable! (I still made it a little snug on me, though. ^^;;) Using both the D-rings and velcro make it really secure. I don't think I'd be afraid of anybody snatching this.

I added some velcro to the flap too so it'll close securely. I need to make a thinner wallet to fit in there, but it should be able to hold my cellphone, keys, some money, and a couple cards. I was running around with it tonight (I was really excited at how well it turned out...), and it barely budged. It'll be perfect if I go dancing or clubbing sometime (it could happen) cuz it's light, secure, and just roomy enough for everything I need.

And check it out! If I decide I'm too cool for a hipslinger (it could happen), it turns into a small handbag at the drop of a hat.


See? Just looped and velcro-ed, and it's a purse! (Aren't mirror pics trippy?)

Whatcha think of it? I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome -britts