Thursday, August 25, 2005

You Skirty Devil!

I made this skirt using the rest of the fabric I didn't use for the lining of the purse below. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, even though I would have preferred it to be a little more twirly. It's a little itchy, but hopefully that'll stop once I wash it and use some nice fabric softener. I really like the design of the fabric. But anyway...



Here it is on my couch. It's an A-line style skirt with a drawstring waist.



See here? I made the drawstring by braiding blue, purple, and white ribbons together and stringing it though the skirt.



Here's me wearing it while standing on my couch. You can tell I was a little unsure of where the camera was focused. (I used the timer function) I have pale knobby knees. :P



Here's me trying to look all girly and sophisticated while showing off the drawstring.



And zooming in a little... Not bad for a first skirt, eh?

For my next trick, I will attempt to form a precarious union between quilting cloth, eyelet material, and zipper. Stay tuned!

No comments: